Apr 1, 2011

Home, soon.

Traveling is fun, after all. I really been enjoying my morning walks to work - with a chance to spot something interesting and head off in that direction. I was afraid of getting lost, but the city is actually very easy to navigate. All of the roads seem to lead to one or two main ones.

The architecture is amazing - every building is beautiful in its own way, and they are all unique. Very gothic-victorian looking for the most part.


I also must say that I have yet to have a bad meal here. I was actually surprised by a large quantity of various non-Icelandic restaurants (like Thai, Indian), and in such a large concentration in the downtown area. Coffee shops are pretty much every few steps, and they are open very late.
The rest of the stores, unfortunately, close very early, so I try to hurry after work to see what I can before the closing time.
I was totally wrong about the only church int he city, as I have found at least 3 other ones, and I am sure that there are more. The ones that I found, appear to be Catholic/Lutheran. I even sat in on a Catholic mass, but being neither Catholic nor able to understand Icelandic, it was very confusing. I am pretty sure I failed mass.
But I had a nice quiet time with the Lord anyway, and I think that it what counts anyway.

Oh! Today, on the way to work, I spotted some of the nuns, going somewhere out of the church. Based on their clothing, they looked like the nuns from Mother Teresa's order (the white with blue lines under the dark hood thing). I so wanted to ask them, but I didn't know if you are allowed to come up and talk to nuns. Like, is it appropriate to talk to them? I normally won't do it to a regular person on the street that I don't know.

Anyway. Will be home soon, God\s willing. Missing my family, and my country.

2 comments:

Undeserving Grace said...

menNothing vain about it thats why i invited everyone to nominate themselves :) I wanted to let you know i've chosen your
blog for blog of the week over at
undeserving grace's blog of the week
I just need you to answer the questions for the five question scramble that will in the post featuring the blog of the week. To help everyone get to know more about you & your blog!
1. Name 5 reasons you blog.
2. What are 5 of your favorite posts from your blog.
3. What are your top 5 categories or labels.
4. 5 random facts about you.
5. 5 of your favorite ways to spend your time.
Also, I will be displaying your blog button for the week of your feature.
Easy enough? If you have any questions please let me know.
I need your info by april 8th, 2011.
Thank you so much I look forward to the week that belongs to you!
{tara} from Undeserving GraceHey, I wanted to let you know i've chosen your
blog for blog of the week over at
undeserving grace's blog of the week
I just need you to answer the questions for the five question scramble that will in the post featuring the blog of the week. To help everyone get to know more about you & your blog!
1. Name 5 reasons you blog.
2. What are 5 of your favorite posts from your blog.
3. What are your top 5 categories or labels.
4. 5 random facts about you.
5. 5 of your favorite ways to spend your time.
Also, I will be displaying your blog button for the week of your feature.
Easy enough? If you have any questions please let me know.
I need your info by april 8th, 2011.
Thank you so much I look forward to the week that belongs to you!
{tara} from Undeserving Grace

JCD said...

"I am pretty sure I failed mass."

hahahaha, funny! But I think if your are RCC you can fail mass...lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...