Mar 14, 2011

Crafting mis-adventures

So, for a while now I have been looking for "my thing". You might know that I love to craft. I have probably seen literally hundreds upon hundreds of craft galleries. I also have a closet of crafting supplies, ranging from face painting to beads.

But I have trouble finding something that I can feel comfortable with. Something I cam make especially well. I also would like to be able to make things that I can use for the various fundraisers. I'm not going to lie - I don't hold the hopes of living off my craft, as I, frankly, don't have the time or the patience that I used to.

Anyway, I found this adorable tutorial on making dolls out of nylons stockings. The lady was quite good, and she made it look so simple!
Check these babies out!


So, after finding some rudimentary colors at the local Walmart, I set out to try it. Now, the master claimed that it takes her about 30-40 minutes to make them (Unless I mis-read). After two hours, my first creation emerged.

She is...well..memorable, for the lack of better word. I truly hope that my poor deformed spud-Goblin doesn't give anyone nightmare.


^ My son, posing with the doll, trying to look interested.


Ignore the date, my camera is always a few years behind the times. So, feeling ambitious (and having another nylon sock left), I also made a toy (an albino rodent with malformed limbs and disproportionately large butt) for my Gio. He seems to like it :)



Basically its a Pink Lady Spud Goblin.


To-the-TOP TuesdayBusy Mom's Tips Tuesday Blog Hop

PS
Day 2, and Gio has not been playing with the rodent-toy. Why, WHY?! =-D

8 comments:

Hope said...

How cute, your son is adorable!!

I am a new follower from the Totally Tuesday Blog Hop, I would love it if you could follow me back. I hope you have a TERIFFIC Tuesday!!!!!

Hope
http://www.peanutbutterandhopey.com

Heavenly Savings said...

How fun! I'll have to try those! I’m a new follower Happy Tuesday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

Cyn said...

I remember Spud Dolls -- wow haven't seen them in eons! Cute!

Hiya! Newest follower from The Totally Tuesday Hop-- please stop by and say hello! Would love if ya followed back!

♥cyn♥
http://cyn-thenutshell.blogspot.com/

Robyn said...

Haha, how fun! You'll have to check craftfail.com to make yourself feel better!!!

What's in a name.. said...

Following you via To The Top Tuesdays Blog Hop. Hope you will follow me too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-290-blog-hops.html

sewnbysaliba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sewnbysaliba said...

Hello!
Love your candid nature in sharing your own craftfail - well done!! Writing my own blog post about the website "craft fail" and its positives, was wondering if it would be ok with you to use your photos? I would, of course, link back to your original blog... If you want to read my blog before consenting to this, the address is www.sewnbysaliba.com.You can contact me via email at sewnbysaliba@hotmail.com

http://livingatthewhiteheadszoo.blogspot.com/ said...

New follower from Tuesday hop. Would love if you could follow back. I recently had a crafting mess with soap.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...