Feb 3, 2011

Weekend with my sisters

I am so excited. I get to spend a weekend with my sisters Kim and Arlene, whom I have not seen for so long. I think its been a year now, even!

We are heading for a Women's retreat, organized by Created to Care. A weekend of beautiful Lake Lanier, and meeting fellow bloggers moms, attending various panels about adoption matters, care, advocacy for the orphans, and other interesting topics. I am really excited to see what I can learn from this trip. I honestly don't know if I am destined to adopt. My heart is definitely being broken in many places that I did not know existed. I feel that I am being broken, and rebuilt, and formed into something else.

What that will be - I don't know. I just know one thing, that even if I never adopt, I want to be an advocate for the fatherless. I don't know how yet, or where it will take me, I just know that God is not done from me - this is just the beginning. I may never do great things, but I sure don't want to miss out on the chance to be a part of someone else doing them, you know?

So, I will be bringing many pictures back. Please pray that the weather doesn't get to icky, and everyone gets there and back safely.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh how exciting! What an amazing chance to hear God speak! And spend time with some favorite people! :)

Kim Foo Young said...

yayyyyy - i can barely sit still today - bubbles you know - ;)

anyhow its not been a year for me - only 4 months maybe.

andddd lastly - you are so going to get your lil boy from r. :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...