Dec 3, 2010

Season for crafting crasies, Part 2

As I have told you a little bit ago, Christmas brings out the crazies in me. I went to Hobby Lobby last night after work, and ran around the isles for almost 2 hours, with my eyes wide-eyed and my basket full of miscellaneous craft ideas. I ended up having to put a lot of them back.

What did not help is that they had their Christmas stuff for sale, and I don't know what it is, but it seems the older I get, the m,ore accepting I am of the kitschy holiday decor items. Like the gingerbread men - I used to think they were lame, and now I'm like all about them. What? And roosters, I dunno what it is with the roosters lately, but I'm considering buying a whole kitchen set with them. Anyway.

I ended up bringing home a few branches of dried Christmas berry-branches for the centerpiece on the table and some pine cones. Hey 50% off! Also a couple of things that me and Gio can do as a project (totally justified project). Some beads, wire (for the ornaments) and some wooden plaques for wood burning. I started burning wood last night at 11pm. The need had to be fulfilled, you know?

I call this thing the Rorschach sock. Everyone saw a different thing in the design. You tell me what you see.


Not sure what I'm going to do with them though. They don't have holes, so you can't use them as ornaments. Theya re just flat thin wood cut-out shapes.

Insidently, there is an awesome giveaway for some amazing owl hats that you can join over at We don't have it all together

Today is the last day to sign up, so hurry!

3 comments:

Danielle @ "We Don't Have It All Together" said...

Hi Catalina!
Oh my gosh, you're awesome!!
If you want more chances to win, you are more than welcome to use a separate comment box for each one of those entries you did. For example, you can use comment box #1(which you already did) saying that you are a follower of my blog, then another comment box saying you like me on FB, then another comment box saying you like Cami's page on FB, then another comment box saying you blogged about the giveaway... and so on...

You ARE entered though. I just figured you might want the extra entries to count :) Thanks so much for entering!! Good luck to you!!
And have a great weekend,
Danielle

Catalina said...

Thanks, Will do, I def. want to getmore chance to get an awesome owl hat. :D

Oonafey said...

I LOVE the wreath you made! It's so intricate, amazing deatail.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...