Dec 6, 2010

Season for crafting crasies, Part 3 - Wirewrapping

Dare to DIY
Newlywoodwards if hosting a blog party, dedicated to the wonders of homemade gift making. I don't know about you, but I find homemade gifts awesome. I honestly think that something made is better than something bought, within reason of course :)

Like food, for example, I think it best left to very close friends and family to exchange. I love crafting, and coming up with ideas, and this year I have decided to make ornaments. I have not decided whether I am going to give them as gifts (mainly because they are ornaments and would be opening them on Christmas day when they don't need the ornaments anymore). But here are some of my creations.

I got some 20 gauge jewelry wire and some of my old beads and trinkets (previous year's crafting crazies) and wire wrapped them to make the ornaments.




This is my first experiment with wire wrapping and I found it to be a very relaxing and fun craft. I'll definitely be making more. Please let m know what you think, and don't forget to visit NewlyWoodwards for links to other blogs with awesome crafts and gift ideas.


Photobucket

10 comments:

The Conservasita said...

Such a cute blog...thanks for following...I am following you back...

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Very cute! I've never tried any jewelry or wire wrapping, but it looks really lovely.

Thanks for linking up this week. Really appreciate it.

Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...

(sorry for the deleted comment above, I read ornaments, but was thinking pendants for some reason) It does look like fun! The pretty one with green leaves is my favorite. Such a great idea for Christmas too, handmade ornaments are so special. Thanks for adding them to the Christmas Party!!

Catalina said...

No problem Jessa. They could totally work as pendants too (just remove some parts). :)
Tree jewelry!

poindextr said...

great job - love them!! I'm sure they must look adorable on your tree!

eof777 said...

Stopping by and following your blog from the Follow Me Monday blog hop...
Have a happy holiday season!
Best,
Elizabeth

Kalleen at Second Street said...

cute, I need to start making jewelry again. thanks for linking.

Elizabeth said...

I found you through the Handmade Link Party.

Those are pretty! I also think pendants would be cute too. Or you could put them on bookmarks or keychains... they are so cute!

Louisa said...

Ooh how pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...