Dec 18, 2010

Busy Holiday weekend

Today was a busy day. Went to mail the rest of the presents (very proud of myself, as this is the first year I'm actually mailing things to people). Went to the mall, got myself a mouse hat. Very happy.
Spent the rest of the day on working on the house decorations. I never really bothered to do holidays. Never decorated the house, didn't really worry about creating the mood. That all changed once Gio became cognizant of the holidays, I think. I just want to create (hopefully) good memories for him to take into his life. I want him to feel like some days are more special than others.

So me and him worked on creating the sparkly chains. Basically I got a bunch of sparkly pipe cleaners at the dollar store and we made a link chain out of them, which were them put in the tree. As a cheap and fun-to-make decoration, I highly recommend is.




Another fun craft for the holidays are the snow-ball chains. I got a couple of packs of the white and blue sparkly balls at the craft store (the poofy cotton-balls with sparkles), and just put them on a thread. I then taped them to the walls and various objects. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it actually looks really cute.




I wasted to have them hanging on the ceiling, but our ceiling is actually roof-shaped - it becomes a 15-foot ceiling half way through the room, and I don't even have a ladder high enough to reach it.
I also decided to go all the way out and make some centerpieces for the table.
I got a bunch of pine-cones from the yard, spray painted them white (just a little bit). Got some left-over pine branches and some red ribbon and the green sparkle-pipe cleaners. And Voila!
I know, they look a little lamo, but they were fun to make.



Oh yeah, I finally finished the wreath, and decided to leave it hanging inside. The pine cones were also spray painted.



Please visit Skip to my Lou for more great ideas.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

How sweet the little guy putting up the garland.

Kim Foo Young said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! look at you mrs christmas! hehehe. :P

DANA said...

I found you through Polly Want a Crafter and I love this! I wanted to invite you to enter my $50 American Express gift card giveaway that ends in a few days! I also have a link party going on this week! Keep up the good blogging! -Dana

http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

Catalina said...

Thanks, Dana!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...