Nov 10, 2010

The Light show (Blog hop partay!)


Wanted to share this light-show, that I got a chance to see in my computer room. The squiggle on the wall is light reflecting through a plastic clam-shell packaging from something. I thought it was pretty amazing-looking.

And it also reminded me of this strange occurrence in my house in Florida once. It was Sunday, and I just got back from the Church. I don't recall whether I was depressed, or simply not feeling well that day, but I went straight back to sleep after I got home. My husband woke me up and asked me to come see something in the living room. On the wall, very close to the ceiling was a light cross - crisp and clear. We both stared at it, wracking our brains and trying to figure out where did the light shine from. We looked everywhere, but nothing was positioned in a way that would cast such an odd shape, in such an odd place. We have lived in that house for several years, and have never seen it before (and if you know me, I rarely move things in my house:). Yet, there it was - a cross made of light, shining brightly on my wall, with a light that seemingly came out of nowhere. What was also amazing is that putting our hand in front of it - did not cast a shadow on it, in the way it would if it was merely a light reflection. If you block the light with your hand, it should obscure part of the image, like a cloud passing in front of the sun.

Not that time. I have a picture of it somewhere, hopefully.
Thanks for visiting me, stay a bit, drop a line. I'm glad to see new faces. :)





Blogging Hints Catch a Wave Wednesday



PS
This ship is bananas, B-a-n-a-n-a-s..I am your follow-back girl..I am your follow-back girl..

9 comments:

Kim Foo Young said...

dude i remember that. it was so weird. i kept thinking it had to come from somewhere but there were no light sources anywhere. see if you can find that pic - id love to see it again :)

SalemMomma said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower, hope you can come by for a visit.
www.staying-me.com

Miriam said...

I found you on Welcome Wednesday and I am now following. Please follow me back at Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Emma said...

That is pretty amazing! I like looking at photos which have cool things like this that appear! :)

Jodi said...

I'm a new follower of yours from the Wednesday blog hops!

Please stop by and follow back when you get a chance. :-)

Have a great day.
Jodi

http://amomhavingfun.blogspot.com
http://www.jodishomebiz.com

Catalina said...

Thanks for stopping by, glad you like it :)

Linda said...

I'm your newest follower from Follow me Wednesday

http://lifewithabigfamily.blogspot.com/

The White Whimsies said...

Hi! Just stopping by from Mid Week Mingle and following your blog.

www.thewhitewhimsies.blogspot.com

Jacqui said...

Hello! I am your newest follower from a Wednesday Blog Hop! I would love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs!

www.singleparentretreat.com
http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

Thanks! Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...