Oct 29, 2010

NanoWrimo is almost here.




Each year I do (or, I should say "try to do") is the Yearly novel Writing month or NaNoWriMo. Its a contest where you need to write a novel of 50k words or more in 30 days exactly.
It can be the worst novel ever written, but it must fit within those parameters.
I have started doing NaNoWriMo several years ago. My first novel was and is terrible, but it's one of the coolest and funnest things that I have done in my life. I have learned a lot, and gained a whole new appreciation for books and even movies.

Another awesome thing about NaNo, besides a way to challenge yourself into something completely different, is that as a non-Profit organization, they have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to build schools in impoverished countries.

It's a great way to meet people, learn things, have FUN, and help bring education to remote corners of the world. I would definitely suggest grabbing a laptop, pen, pencil, chisel, whatever you got, and writing the worst novel the world had seen - but the one that YOU WROTE.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...